- Controls the progress of games of cards, roulette and other gambling activities according to established rules.
- Assesses likely outcome of an event and establishes odds, accepts and records bets, issues receipts and pays out on winning bets.
- Announces acts, makes introductions, proposes toasts and maintains the continuity of entertainment events and social functions.
- Carries clubs for golfers, advises on the layout and distance of golf courses and appropriate choice of golf club.
- Maintains hygienic operation of swimming pools and associated facilities such as jacuzzis, showers and changing areas.
- Supervises the use of swimming pools, gymnasium apparatus, fitness machines and other recreational equipment.
- Maintains sports and leisure equipment and prepares equipment for use.
Typical Education Level
Level 2 NVQ; GCSE at grades A*-C
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, 7% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* They will likely retire in the next 10 years, creating a demand for new workers
*This is based on national data
£11,789 Average wage
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for sports or leisure assistant is £11,789
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 2,413. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, jobs have been posted for sports or leisure assistant roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £11,789 per year. That is about £982 per month or £6.05 per hour. New workers generally start on £1,707, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £24,544
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 2,413 people are employed in the region.
Occupations similar to:
Sports or Leisure Assistant