- Checks fire and safety equipment for adequate functioning.
- Undertakes minor repairs and notifies owner of need for major repairs.
- Controls heating, lighting and security systems.
- Supervises and/or undertakes the cleaning and maintenance of premises.
- Locks and unlocks doors and entrances at appropriate times.
Typical Education Level
Level 2 NVQ; GCSE at grades A*-C
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, 46% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* They will likely retire in the next 10 years, creating a demand for new workers
*This is based on national data
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for caretaker is £16,249
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 2,187. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, jobs have been posted for caretaker roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £16,249 per year. That is about £1,354 per month or £8.33 per hour. New workers generally start on £4,140, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £23,092
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 2,187 people are employed in the region.