Collector Salesperson or Credit Agent
- Makes follow-up calls to obtain further orders.
- Distributes advertising literature and sample goods.
- Quotes prices and terms, collects any payments and completes hire purchase or credit arrangements.
- Emphasises main selling point of goods/services to stimulate customer interest.
- Calls on household, explains purpose of call and displays or describes goods/services on offer.
Typical Education Level
Level 2 NVQ; GCSE at grades A*-C
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, 13% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* They will likely retire in the next 10 years, creating a demand for new workers
*This is based on national data
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for collector salesperson or credit agent is £21,965
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 237. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, jobs have been posted for collector salesperson or credit agent roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £21,965 per year. That is about £1,830 per month or £11.26 per hour. New workers generally start on £7,166, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £34,096
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 237 people are employed in the region.