Restaurant or Catering Establishment Manager/Proprietor
- Determines staffing, financial, material and other short- and long-term requirements.
- Checks that supplies are properly used and accounted for to prevent wastage and loss and to keep within budget limit.
- Plans and arranges food preparation in collaboration with other staff and organises the provision of waiting or counter staff.
- Verifies that quality of food, beverages and waiting service is as required, that kitchen and dining areas are kept clean and appropriate hygiene standards are maintained in compliance with statutory requirements.
- Purchases or directs the purchasing of supplies and arranges for preparation of accounts.
- Discusses customer.
- Decides on range and quality of meals and beverages to be provided.
- Plans catering services and directs staff.
Typical Education Level
Level 3 NVQ; A Levels
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, 12% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* They will likely retire in the next 10 years, creating a demand for new workers
*This is based on national data
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for restaurant or catering establishment manager/proprietor is £21,486
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 4,008. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, jobs have been posted for restaurant or catering establishment manager/proprietor roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £21,486 per year. That is about £1,791 per month or £11.02 per hour. New workers generally start on £15,661, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £33,705
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 4,008 people are employed in the region.