Hairdressing or Beauty Salon Manager/Proprietor
- Ensures financial accounts for the business are maintained.
- Demonstrates, advises on and sells hair and/or beauty products.
- Checks and maintains any equipment, and ensures that all safety requirements are met.
- Undertakes and/or directs hair treatments and/or beauty therapy.
- Ensures clients.
- Provides clients with information and advice on styles and treatments, and resolves any complaints or problems.
- Controls the allocation, training and remuneration of staff.
- Determines staffing, financial, material and other short- and long-term needs.
Typical Education Level
Level 3 NVQ; A Levels
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, 13% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* They will likely retire in the next 10 years, creating a demand for new workers
*This is based on national data
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for hairdressing or beauty salon manager/proprietor is £23,234
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 319. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, jobs have been posted for hairdressing or beauty salon manager/proprietor roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £23,234 per year. That is about £1,936 per month or £11.91 per hour. New workers generally start on £15,933, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £41,350
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 319 people are employed in the region.