Cleaning or housekeeping manager/supervisor
- Manages budget for cleaning and housekeeping supplies and keeps record of expenditure.
- Arranges for replacement of broken, defective tools and handles arrangements for repairs to fixtures and fittings.
- Oversees the provision of cleaning and housekeeping supplies.
- Supervises the activities of cleaners and other housekeeping staff and inspects work undertaken.
- Assigns duties and responsibilities to staff and oversees working rotas.
- Recruits or participates in the selection process for cleaning and housekeeping staff and takes charge of staff training.
Typical Education Level
Level 2 NVQ; GCSE at grades A*-C
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, 28% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* They will likely retire in the next 10 years, creating a demand for new workers
*This is based on national data
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for cleaning or housekeeping manager/supervisor is £16,049
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 2,833. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, jobs have been posted for cleaning or housekeeping manager/supervisor roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £16,049 per year. That is about £1,337 per month or £8.23 per hour. New workers generally start on £7,327, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £32,502
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 2,833 people are employed in the region.