- Monitors construction work in progress to ensure compliance with specifications.
- Prepares detailed scale drawings and specifications for design and construction and submits these for planning approval.
- Analyses site survey and advises client on development and construction details and ensures that proposed design blends in with the surrounding area.
- Studies condition and characteristics of site, taking into account drainage, topsoil, trees, rock formations, etc..
- Liaises with client and other professionals to establish building type, style, cost limitations and landscaping requirements.
Typical Education Level
Level 5 NVQ; Masters
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, 16% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* They will likely retire in the next 10 years, creating a demand for new workers
*This is based on national data
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for architect is £38,025
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 1,061. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, jobs have been posted for architect roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £38,025 per year. That is about £3,169 per month or £19.50 per hour. New workers generally start on £18,724, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £52,417
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 1,061 people are employed in the region.