Transport or Distribution Clerk or Assistant
- Maintains records regarding the movement and location of freight, containers and staff.
- Obtains customs clearance and processes import and export documentation necessary for the movement of goods between countries.
- Monitors tachograph readings and maintains records of hours worked and distance travelled by drivers.
- Formulates delivery loads, vehicle schedules and routes to be followed by delivery staff.
- Processes customer orders and forwards requisition documentation to storage and distribution personnel.
Typical Education Level
Level 2 NVQ; GCSE at grades A*-C
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, 17% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* They will likely retire in the next 10 years, creating a demand for new workers
*This is based on national data
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for transport or distribution clerk or assistant is £23,668
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 2,107. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, jobs have been posted for transport or distribution clerk or assistant roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £23,668 per year. That is about £1,972 per month or £12.14 per hour. New workers generally start on £15,805, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £35,633
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 2,107 people are employed in the region.