Community Activator Coach, Apprenticeship
This apprenticeship is a dynamic programme that prepares individuals to make a positive impact in their communities through sports and physical activities. As a community activator coach apprentice, you will develop the skills and knowledge necessary to engage and inspire people of all ages and abilities to lead an active lifestyle. This apprenticeship combines practical experience with theoretical learning, allowing you to gain hands-on coaching experience while studying the principles of community sports development, behaviour change strategies, and inclusive coaching practices. By the end of the apprenticeship, you will be equipped with the tools to plan and deliver engaging coaching sessions, motivate individuals to achieve their goals, and create a lasting impact on community well-being. This apprenticeship is an exciting pathway for individuals passionate about promoting health, happiness, and active living in their local communities.
You'll become part of our Sport and Fitness Career Excellence Hub and enjoy a host of career-boosting benefits and unrivalled access to potential employers. Our strong connections with professional athletes and sports clubs enable us to provide you with inspiring talks and workshops by guest speakers, ensuring that you acquire the latest techniques and insights. You will benefit from work experience opportunities and courses designed in collaboration with employers to meet industry demands. By the time you complete your training, you'll be fully prepared for a career in Sport and Fitness, armed with the skills and knowledge that employers value.
You will be employed by one of our local partners and they will be actively involved throughout your whole training programme. An apprenticeship provides a unique opportunity to acquire industry-specific qualifications and valuable hands-on experience while earning a salary. You’ll have the chance to work closely with experienced professionals in the sport and fitness sector, meaning you’ll gain practical skills that make you highly employable and give you a head start in your career.
WHAT DOES THIS COURSE INVOLVE
You will gain the skills and experience to improve the health and wellbeing of individuals and wider communities to provide a positive environment which supports young people to grow and develop through sport and physical activity. Skills an apprentice will learn:
- Planning and adapting sessions and activities that encourage lifelong activity habit.
- Coaching or leading pre-planned sport or physical activity sessions
- Promoting a physical activity offer, (including but not exclusively) organised play and sport in the community.
- Working collaboratively with sports clubs and other community assets – including volunteers, public services, youth workers, the police and community champions.
- Supporting customers to co-produce rewarding volunteering opportunities.
- Supporting families to participate together in sport and physical activity.
- Working effectively with customer insight to overcome individual, community and societal barriers to participation in physical activity and sport.
- Contributing to the employer’s design of activities and services and practising the employer’s organisation’s values, policies and procedures.
- Contributing to teams that deliver community events and festivals.
- Supporting organisations to evaluate, develop and promote sessions and other opportunities.
- Maintaining personal safety and wellbeing, as well as that of customers.
- Managing disruptive behaviours from individuals within the group setting. * Encouraging customers to be regularly active – both formally and informally – within sports clubs or leisure facilities including open-space.
- Effectively using social media and technology to deliver targeted messages to identified customer groups.
- Effectively monitor and evaluate activities, sessions and projects using technology platforms to maintain accurate records and produce timely reports.
To achieve this apprenticeship, you will undertake an end-point assessment that will assess the skills, knowledge and behaviours required to successfully perform this role in a community sports environment. Weston College and your employing organisation will ensure that you are ready and competent to complete the end-point assessment.
You could progress onto the Level 3 Community Health and Sport Officer Apprenticeship, Level 4 Sports Coach Apprenticeship, or move into leadership and management roles within the sector.
There are no formal qualifications required to start this apprenticeship, but you will be assessed to ensure you can complete the English and maths qualifications to at least Level 1. You must undertake a recognised enhanced disclosure and barring service check. To be an apprentice, you will need to find a suitable employer. Click here for advice: How to Apply for an Apprenticeship | Weston College
WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
- Ready to apply – please use the ‘apply now’ button at the top of this page.
- I’d like to visit and see the facilities and chat to staff – see when our next open event is here: EVENTS | Weston College
- I have a quick question – use our Live Chat facility on the bottom right of this page.
Category & Subject AreaApprenticeships Courses for 16 to 18-year-olds Courses for 16 to 18-year-olds Courses for adults Courses for adults Sport and Fitness Sport and Fitness
iAn interview is required for this course.
Most people qualify for FREE tuition and material fees due to discounts we offer. Click on the icon(s) below to find out what you’ll need to pay.