Quality assurance or regulatory professional
- Examines operating procedures to ensure the process and the product meet regulatory standards and implements changes necessary to ensure compliance.
- Examines current operating procedures to determine how quality may be improved.
- Considers the impact of legislation upon specification requirements.
- Analyses and reports upon the results of quality control tests to ensure that production remains within specification.
- Develops and implements visual, physical, functional or other appropriate measures and tests of quality.
Typical Education Level
Honours, Bachelor's degree
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, 19% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* They will likely retire in the next 10 years, creating a demand for new workers
*This is based on national data
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for quality assurance or regulatory professional is £38,864
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 2,573. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, jobs have been posted for quality assurance or regulatory professional roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £38,864 per year. That is about £3,239 per month or £19.93 per hour. New workers generally start on £21,251, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £66,814
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 2,573 people are employed in the region.