We have partnered with UWE Bristol to develop a new Skills Alliance to provide adults in the Bristol area with career-focussed courses, which provide the opportunity to access Weston College's Ofsted ‘outstanding’ further education teaching, delivered at UWE Bristol's Frenchay Campus.
We currently have courses available covering a variety of subjects - and as full qualifications, they're ideal whether you're looking to retrain, upskill or progress on to university.
Here’s what we can offer:
- Your course and all associated examination fees included.
- A mixture of classroom based lectures in Bristol and online learning.
- Support available via your own tutor to help you succeed.
- Plus, many people qualify for FREE courses, see below for more details.
We have a friendly team ready to guide you through the application process - start your journey by selecting a course below.
These courses have limited spaces available - and all start in the next few weeks, so don't delay!
Unsure what course is right for you?
Get employment support or course advice.
Do I qualify for a FREE course?
You could be eligible for a free Level 2 course listed on this page, if you live in the South West of England (including the West of England Combined. Read the full T&Cs here.
If you are employed, or self-employed, live in the South West of England and earn less than £17,374.50 annual gross salary or less than £18,525.00 (West of England Combined Authority postcodes), a Level 2 course listed on this page could be FREE. Read the full T&Cs here.
- If you do not already have a Level 2 qualification and live in the South West of England (including the West of England Combined Authority), the Level 2 courses on this page could be FREE.
- If you do not already have a Level 3 qualification and live in the South West of England (including the West of England Combined Authority), these Level 3 courses on this page could be FREE.
Read the full T&Cs here.
If you do not already have a Level 2 qualification and live in the South West of England (including the West of England Combined Authority), the Level 2 courses on this page could be FREE. Read the full T&Cs here.
These Level 3 courses are part of the National Skills Fund, if you live in the South West of England, it could be FREE. Read the full T&Cs here.
• If you are between 19 and 23, your tuition and exam fees could be free, depending on your previous qualifications and financial circumstances. If you are over the age of 19 but don't qualify for free tuition, you can apply for the Advanced Learner Loan to cover the main course fees.
• All adult learners who are UK residents can take out up to four Advanced Learner Loans and, even better, they are not credit based or means tested - so they will not affect your credit rating.
• You won't have to pay back a penny until you are earning more than £27,295 a year (before tax and other deductions).
• Student Finance England will ‘write off’ any outstanding Advanced Learner Loan balances you owe for an eligible Access to HE course once you complete a higher education course. This means you don’t have to repay a loan you take to pay for an Access to HE course provided you go on to successfully complete a university-level qualification.
Please contact us below or via the Live Chat (during office hours), to discuss your circumstances.
If you do not meet the above criteria, there are also co-funding options or you may qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan to cover the course fee. Please contact us below or via the Live Chat (during office hours), to discuss your circumstances.
Meet some learners
Getting to and from UWE Bristol campus
Maps and directions
Directions to Frenchay Campus (Google Maps)
Map of Frenchay Campus cycling routes
The nearest train station to UWE Bristol's Frenchay Campus is Bristol Parkway. See the National Rail website for further information.
Named the UKs first cycling city, Bristol is built for cyclists.
UWE Bristol has benefited enormously from the recent investment in largely traffic free cycle routes that criss-cross the city. Take a look here: Frenchay Campus cycle routes on Google Maps.
View a map of Frenchay Campus that has locations of:
- Cycle parks and bike hubs
- Lockers and changing rooms
- Repair kits
- Bike pumps and tool stations
It's easy to get around the city by bus and Metrobus. Bristol Bus Station offers cross-country services and Frenchay Campus has its own Megabus and National Express stop. Take a look at Travelwest and First Bus for details
Sign up here and we'll send you an email when new courses become available:
Got a question?
Whatever you'd like to know, we're here to help...