Construction Job Vacancies
Find out how you can inspire the next generation for the construction sector
Welcome to Weston College, a leading provider of further and higher education in the South West of England. We are currently seeking passionate and knowledgeable individuals to join our team as Construction Lecturers and Assessors.
At Weston College, we are committed to providing our students with the highest quality of education, ensuring that they are equipped with the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in their chosen careers. As a Construction Lecturer or Assessor, you will have the opportunity to share your expertise with our students, helping them to develop their skills and achieve their career goals.
Our state-of-the-art facilities provide a stimulating and supportive learning environment, enabling our students to engage with the latest technologies and techniques in the construction industry. As a member of our team, you will have access to a wide range of resources and support, including ongoing professional development opportunities and access to the latest industry research and trends.
We are looking for candidates who have a strong understanding of the construction industry and a passion for teaching and mentoring. Whether you're currently working in the trade and are new to teaching or are an experienced teacher/assessor looking for a new challenge, if you've got the passion and ability to inspire others, we want to hear from you.
As a member of our team, you will be supported by a dedicated and experienced staff, who are committed to providing a positive and inclusive working environment. We value diversity and welcome applications from individuals from all backgrounds and experiences.
- Opportunities for professional development and career progression, including support for obtaining a Level 4/5 Diploma in Education and Training or equivalent/higher level teaching qualification.
- Collaborate with local construction employers to ensure that our programs meet the needs of the industry and prepare students for successful careers.
- Generous pension scheme and holiday entitlement, plus other benefits such as access to our fantastic Wellbeing@Weston support.
- Make a meaningful difference in the lives of students by inspiring and preparing them to become the next generation of construction professionals.
- Join an award-winning organisation that has a proven track record of providing high-quality education and training to students.
- Training opportunities for those new to teaching, including an extensive program of training to help you transition into a career in education.
- Work in a supportive and inclusive environment that values diversity and encourages innovation and creativity.
- Part time and full-time applications are welcome, to help you to achieve a healthy work-life balance.
- Active encouragement for those wishing to continue to work in industry and remain skills, alongside any job offer.
If you have a disability, neurodivergence, or a condition that may impact your performance during our selection process, we are happy to accommodate your needs. You will have the opportunity to inform us of any necessary adjustments throughout the application and selection process. As an employee, we will continue to discuss and work with you to ensure you have the necessary accommodations to succeed in your role.
Some examples of possible adjustments include:
- Allowing extra time for online assessments
- Providing alternative accessible formats
- Sharing interview questions beforehand
- Offering additional information about what to expect
- Providing an office orientation before an in-person assessment.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
RECENT NEWS STORIES
OUR CONSTRUCTION VIDEOS
@westoncollege Chris from Construction tells us about his favourite part of his role, and why you should apply for a role with Weston College🙌 #westoncollege #construction #westonsupermare #staffstories ♬ original sound - WestonCollege
@westoncollege "I always wanted to work at Weston College because it seems like a really big family here!" Electrical Lecturer, Letitia, shares her highlights of her role! #westoncollege #recruitment #staffstories ♬ Happy Up Beat (Medium) - TimTaj