Senior professional of educational establishments
- Coordinates and maintains quality assurance procedures.
- Assists with recruitment, public relations and marketing activities.
- Arranges for the preparation and publication of syllabuses and other official documents.
- Organises examinations, necessary invigilations and any security procedures required.
- Drafts and interprets regulations and deals with queries and complaints procedures.
- Acts as secretary to statutory and other bodies/committees associated with the educational establishment.
- Controls administrative aspects of student admission, registration and graduation.
- Leads or contributes to decision making processes regarding curricula, budgetary, disciplinary and other matters.
- Provides administrative support to the academic team.
- Arranges for evaluation of management, accounting, information storage and retrieval and other facilities.
- Considers staffing, financial, material and other short- and long-term needs.
Typical Education Level
Honours, Bachelor's degree
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, 25% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* They will likely retire in the next 10 years, creating a demand for new workers
*This is based on national data
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for senior professional of educational establishments is £61,055
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 2,581. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, jobs have been posted for senior professional of educational establishments roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £61,055 per year. That is about £5,088 per month or £31.31 per hour. New workers generally start on £36,546, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £94,245
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 2,581 people are employed in the region.