- Prepares reports and recommendations on all inspections made and recommends legal action where necessary.
- Undertakes other inspections including chemicals, drugs, flight operations, etc..
- Visits premises where animals are kept, advises on animal care and investigates complaints.
- Checks fishing licences and prevents illegal fishing.
- Samples and tests river water, checks and advises on premises discharging effluent to prevent pollution.
- Verifies the weight of commercial vehicles, checks driver.
- Investigates industrial accidents or any complaints made by the public.
- Draws attention to any irregularities or infringements of regulations and advises on ways of rectifying them.
- Visits sites during construction and inspects completed installations of electricity, gas or water supply.
- Inspects factories and other work sites to ensure adequate cleanliness, temperature, lighting and ventilation, checks for fire hazards and inspects storage and handling arrangements of dangerous materials.
- Inspects measuring and similar equipment in factories and visits street traders, shops, garages and other premises to check scales, weights and measuring equipment.
- Inspects building structures, facilities and sites to determine suitability for habitation, compliance with regulations and for insurance purposes.
- Examines building plans to ensure compliance with local, statutory and other requirements.
Typical Education Level
Honours, Bachelor's degree
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, 27% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* They will likely retire in the next 10 years, creating a demand for new workers
*This is based on national data
£36,252 Average wage
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for inspector of storards or regulations is £36,252
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 1,232. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, jobs have been posted for inspector of storards or regulations roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £36,252 per year. That is about £3,021 per month or £18.59 per hour. New workers generally start on £21,151, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £51,618
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 1,232 people are employed in the region.
Occupations similar to:
Inspector of Storards or Regulations