Merchoriser or window dresser
- Provides feedback about displays to senior managers.
- Prepares area for new display, constructs or assembles displays from a variety of materials, and dismantles existing displays and returns merchandise to relevant departments.
- Implements plans from display designers or display managers or develops ideas and plans for merchandise display or window dressing.
- Consults with advertising and sales staff and advises retailers on the optimal display of a product and of any promotions.
- Supplies information about the product to the retailer and sales staff and deals with customer enquiries.
- Monitors stock movements, considers customer requirements and assists customers in completing orders.
Typical Education Level
Level 2 NVQ; GCSE at grades A*-C
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, 11% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* They will likely retire in the next 10 years, creating a demand for new workers
*This is based on national data
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for merchoriser or window dresser is £15,269
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 1,330. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, jobs have been posted for merchoriser or window dresser roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £15,269 per year. That is about £1,272 per month or £7.83 per hour. New workers generally start on £7,841, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £37,312
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 1,330 people are employed in the region.