Sales related occupation n.e.c.
- Negotiates agreements for the passage of supply lines over or under land/property and the siting of supporting structures and other items.
- Provides demonstrations of a product within retail stores, exhibitions and trade fairs to promote interest amongst potential customers.
- Organises parties in private households to sell clothing, fashion accessories, giftware and other goods.
- Obtains orders for advertising, financial, catering, printing and transportation services.
- Advises clients and agents on insurance related problems, seeks new outlets for business and quotes premiums, bonus rates, tax concessions, etc..
- Assesses characteristics of goods/services being sold and decides on main selling points.
Typical Education Level
Level 2 NVQ; GCSE at grades A*-C
Will retirement created job openings
In the UK, 11% in this profession are aged 55 or above.* They will likely retire in the next 10 years, creating a demand for new workers
*This is based on national data
Average annual earnings
The current average wage for sales related occupation n.e.c. is £16,985
The number of jobs in the career for the current year is 1,538. Job counts include both employed and self-employed persons, and do not distinguish between full- and part-time jobs.
Over the past year, jobs have been posted for sales related occupation n.e.c. roles.
How well does it pay?
Normal pay for this occupation is £16,985 per year. That is about £1,415 per month or £8.71 per hour. New workers generally start on £7,585, while highly experienced workers can earn as much as £35,428
Is it growing or declining?
This career has remained the same over the last 2 years, and is expected to remain the same over the next 4 years. Currently, 1,538 people are employed in the region.