Multiply: Cost of Living
If the Cost-of-Living crisis in the UK is encouraging you to upskill, this course will give you skills in maths required for all types of real-life scenarios.
As well as learning how to better manage your money, this course will also help you to understand financial documents, interest rates and loans, plus how to shop competitively for food and bills, and use your energy efficiently. Through the knowledge and skills you’ll develop through the completion of this course, it will help to lessen the impact of the cost-of-living crisis on yourself and your family.
What will I study?
You will develop the following mathematical skills:
- Be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers
- Be able to solve problems with and without a calculator
- Be able to work with whole numbers, fractions, percentages and decimals
- Be able to work with money, time and temperature
- Be able to extract, collect, record and present information so it makes sense to others
- Be able to read, measure, estimate and compare length, weight and capacity
- Know about shape, positional vocabulary and space.
After completing this course, you’ll have the chance to progress onto Functional Skills and gain your Level 1 or 2 maths qualification.
We offer careers advice, guidance and support to everyone that studies on one of our courses.
No formal entry requirements
Most people qualify for FREE tuition and material fees due to discounts we offer. Click on the icon(s) below to find out what you’ll need to pay.