Multiply: Maths for Parents
Completing this course will help you to build your own confidence in maths, so you can support your children with their school work. From this, you can understand how to break down maths problems and use maths knowledge in real world solutions. Using your developed knowledge that you gained from this course, you’ll be able to pass on your skills to your children for their future.
This course is aimed at parents of primary school children to develop mathematical skills to support your children, and to be more confident in your own use of maths in applied situations.
What will I study?
You will develop the following mathematical skills:
- Be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers
- Be able to solve problems with and without a calculator
- Be able to work with whole numbers, fractions, percentages and decimals
- Be able to work with money, time and temperature
- Be able to extract, collect, record and present information so it makes sense to others
- Be able to read, measure, estimate and compare length, weight and capacity
- Know about shape, positional vocabulary and space.
After completing this course, you’ll have the chance to progress onto Functional Skills and gain your Level 1 or 2 maths qualification.
We offer careers advice, guidance and support to everyone that studies on one of our courses.
Most people qualify for FREE tuition and material fees due to discounts we offer. Click on the icon(s) below to find out what you’ll need to pay.