I want to be a
Construction Quantity Surveying Technician, Apprenticeship
Quantity surveyors are a construction industry professional with expert knowledge on construction costs and contracts – they are a crucial part of the industry. The main duties and tasks of a Construction Surveying Technician are:
- Assisting senior managers with the budgeting of construction projects
- Control of costs during a construction project
- Selection and management of specialist contractors
- To contribute to the mitigation of disputes using accurate records
- Recording, control and reporting of income and expenditure on a construction project
- Valuation of progress on construction projects
- To assist senior managers with the legal and contractual issues on a construction project
This apprenticeship is for school leavers (16-19s).
How will the course be assessed?
To achieve this apprenticeship standard, the employer, training provider and apprentice will agree when the apprentice is ready and competent to undertake the independent end assessment, which will test their skills knowledge and behaviours required for this role.
What future study opportunities are there?
This Apprenticeship will include the knowledge, skills and behaviours typically required to achieve Technician status or the equivalent with the industry’s recognised professional bodies. The final assessment process for this Apprenticeship will typically be representative of the review process required for professional registration.
The standard not only prepares apprentices for key job roles but also provides them with the foundation to be able to move onto the Level 6 Degree apprenticeship in the key construction management disciplines.
What do I do next?
- Ready to apply – please use the ‘apply now’ button at the top of this page.
- I’d like to visit and see the facilities and chat to staff – see when our next open event is here
- I have a quick question – use our Live Chat facility on the bottom right of this page
Individual employers will determine their own entry requirements, but the typical entry requirements for this Apprenticeship will be five GCSEs or equivalent, including Maths, English and a Science; or a Level 2 Apprenticeship.